10 Things a Youthworker Should Do When You Have a New Principal…
It’s that time of year again. School is coming soon, Districts are replacing staff as we speak. The county where I live has three High Schools and all three of them have new principals this year. Here are ten things to do as a youthworker to establish the partnership between the ministry and the school. (in no particular order…)
10. Treat them as a “real person”, not just a title.
9. Call/Meet with them and welcome them to the area.
8. Realize that they will not do things the same way as their predecessor, and be ok with that,
7. Offer to be a “guest presenter” to teachers in a department where you have professional expertise.
6. Offer to be a resource for tutoring or mentoring programs in the district
5. Assure them that your goal of being on campus is to invest positive attention into the lives of their students.
4. Offer to be a chaplain to one of the sports programs.
3. Make yourself available for “post-crisis” situations.
2. Stand by any guidelines they give you for your time on campus.
1. Pray for them. Often.
Brent originally published this post at his blog, MinistryPlace.net